Real party: a black/white foodie bridal shower - Dairy Foods

Libby's shower was a huge success and you'll see there was no shortage of food or cocktails.  That's my kind of shower.

I planned a black/white foodie-themed shower for Libby because her wedding colors are black and white and she is a huge foodie, I like to keep themes personal and relevant.  I incorporated a lot of Libby's favorite foods into the Italian-inspired menu.

Special thanks to Libby's sisters and future sister-in-laws for helping to provide the booze!  And a HUGE thank you to my friend Kristin who helped out with the shower all day.

Here are all the details...
I served a "Blackberry Bridetini" signature cocktail which consisted of homemade blackberry simple syrup, vodka and club soda.  The drink was light and refreshing with a hint of sweetness. 
The template for the paper goods is from the Wedding Chicks blog (meant for wedding invitations but I used the scroll for the bridal shower invitation and carried it through with menu cards).
For a non-alcoholic option we had Italian soda from Trader Joes.
Here's Libby, the cute bride-to-be sipping her Blackberry Bridetini.
Kristin, my helper for the day....taking a well-deserved break for a cocktail.
I served cheese and bread/crackers/fruit as an appetizer.  Libby is obsessed with bread and cheese.  I also created a mini crostini bar.  Guests could build their own crostini and choose from three toppings; bruschetta, white bean and caper and artichoke parmesan (full menu below with links to recipes).




More bread than we needed.  One thing I have learned...though I think I can plan one bad-ass party, I have no idea how to estimate appropriate amounts of food.  I bought way too much food and now have 2 pounds of mozzarella, 2 baguettes and dozens of cupcakes sitting in my fridge.


We served Italian pasta salad (brought by Libby's sister-in-law, Suzie) and proscuitto-wrapped melon with a lime drizzle for lunch.
Build-your-own caprese sandwiches served with foccacia or ciabbata.  The gorgeous basil is from the Mpls Farmers' Market.


By the time we served dessert everyone had eaten quite a bit plus it was 90 degrees out.  Yeah...it was hot as hell.  But for an outdoor shower I will take heat over rain any day.

Dessert included brownie bites (made by Kristin, they were a big hit) and I made oreo cupcakes. I brought these to work on Monday and received rave reviews.




I decorated the tent with black and white paper lanterns.  Thanks to my hubs and brother-in-law, Drew for helping with set-up.
I kept the flowers pretty simple with white mums and hydrangea purchased from Trader Joes for only $12.  I put them in bud vases, apothecary jars and varying sizes of cylinder vases. 




Libby received a wedding tree as a gift from her mom (purchased from Etsy) that will be her guest book at the wedding.  Guests put a finger print on the tree and sign their name, great idea for a fall wedding (Libby got the idea from our friend Nicole who is getting married in October.)

Now for the full menu:

Italian menu

Appetizers
Baguette/crackers/fruit
Gorgonzola
Gouda
Brie
Dubliner
Build-your-own crostini; bruschetta (purchased from Trade Joes, white bean and caper, artichoke parmesan)

Main course
Build-your-own caprese sandwiches
Proscuitto-wrapped melon with a lime drizzle
Italian pasta salad
Parmesan garlic kettle chips

Dessert
Brownie bites
Oreo cupcakes

Beverages
Blackberry bridetini (blackberry simple syrup, vodka, club soda)
Italian soda
White wine
Red wine
Water

Whew, hungry yet?!

Congrats to Libby and Jason on their upcoming wedding!  I can't wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment