Grilled Fish/Shrimp with Sweet Dipping Sauce Recipes

I have been craving for some Malaysian style grill fish for the longest time. I never fail to get this type of grill fish from the Ramadan market when I was living in Malaysia. I like the simplicity of the grill fish with just a touch of salt, pepper and some turmeric powder. The result is perfect. The fish is moist, the skin is crispy and it was delicious with the spicy sweet dipping sauce. Since I have some shrimps in my freezer I added it to the grill too.

Ingredients:

1 whole fish (type of fish is up to you)
Some shrimps or calamari
2 tsp of turmeric powder
Salt and pepper to taste


Dipping Sauce:

Juice of 2 lemons
3 tbsp of kicap manis (Indonesian sweet dark soy sauce)
1 ripe tomato – cut into small cubes
1 shallot – cut into cubes
2 bird eyes chilies – slice thinly

1. Clean fish and shrimp. Pad it dry with paper towel. Marinate it with turmeric powder, salt and pepper and set it aside for an hour.
2. For the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients together and set it aside in the fridge.
3. You can grill the fish and shrimp on top of the grill or just line a baking pan with some aluminum foil. Drizzle it with some oil and line the fish and shrimps on the baking pan. Using the broiler, grill the fish and shrimp until cooked and lightly brown. Remember to flip the fish and shrimp half way through the grilling.
4. Serve it warm with the dipping sauce.

All the computers at home are acting up and I am so frustrated. I might have problem visiting my favorite blogs and leaving comments. Sorry about that.

No comments :

Post a Comment