Fried Macaroni Recipes

I have some left over whole wheat macaroni in the pantry from I don’t know when. I suspect it might be over 1 year old but it’s still good. I am not a Mac and cheese person so I just fry it similar to fried rice style. With some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving and few other ingredients lunch is taken care of in no time.

Ingredients :

1 1/2 cup of macaroni - boil till al-dente
1 piece of chicken breast – cut small (I used leftover turkey)
10 shrimp – peel and clean
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot - julienned
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of chili paste – I used sirachi chili sauce
2 tbsp of sauce
1 tsp of dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp of sugar
salt to taste
2 spring onions – cut 1” length

1. Heat oil in wok. Add onion slices and garlic and stir-fry till fragrant and lightly brown.
2. Add meat, shrimp and carrot and stir-fry until meat is cooked.
3. Add a bit of water (about half a cup) and put in the pasta. Stir-fry for a few second and add in all the rest of the seasoning. Stir until everything is well combined.
4. Lastly add in the spring onions. Give it a quick stir and dish out. Serve warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment