Tong Yuen (glutinious rice balls) Delicious Recipes

Today is Dongzhi or Winter Solstice Festival. Diana and I made some Tong Yuen to celebration the festival. Eating Tong Yuen symbolize family unity and prosperity. I remember when we were young we used to help our grandmother to make this early in the morning and my grandmother used to tell us that the amount of tong yuen to eat will go according to our aged. Then we also asked her " Ah Mah (grandmother) since you are 78 years old so you have to eat the whole pot of tong yuan lor :-) :-)" This is the time where my whole family will gather together to have a dinner. The last time I had Dongzhi dinner with the family was more 8 years ago. I really miss home :(

Diana helping me makes tong yuen.

Diana enjoying her bowl of tong yuen.

No comments :

Post a Comment