Fried Tofu Fingers Delicious Recipes

I tried this dish in a restaurant back home and I find it really tasty. I remember seeing the recipe in one of the blog I frequent but I forgot who it was. So I have to recreates it based on the ingredients I remember in my kitchen. Actually this dish turns out better than I expected. I hope you will give it a try as is not that difficult to make.

Ingredients :

3 pieces of firm tofu- mashed finely
1 cup of shrimp - finely chopped
Half carrot - finely chopped
2 spring onions - finely chopped
a small bunch of cilantro/coriander - finely chopped
1 red chili - finely chopped
2 tbsp of corn flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

1) Oil a square baking pan and mixed all the above ingredients really well. Put the mixture into the pan and press it firmly.
2) Steam for 20 min, set aside to cool completely and then chill it in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into it.


For frying :

1 egg - beaten
some corn flour for dredging
2 tbsp of sesame seeds
a few pieces of nori sheets - cut into 1" strips

1) Cut the tofu into 1" x 2" pieces. Wrap the nori sheet around the middle of the tofu pieces.
2) Mixed the sesame seeds with corn flour.
3) Dip the tofu pieces into the beaten egg, then coat it with the corn flour and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
4) Serve with sweet chili sauce

Note : You can replace the carrot with water chestnuts.

No comments :

Post a Comment