Seafood In Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipes

Sometime I have problem thinking of what to cook for lunch or dinner. I am one person who doesn't like to eat the same kind of food everyday. I will usually look at the freezer and also my vegetables compartment and cracking up my brain to think of something new to cook from what I have in there. I had little leftovers of fish fillets, squid and shrimps in my freezer and I used the tomatoes from my garden and I came up with this quick and simple dish. You can cook this dish in less than 20 minutes.

Ingredients :

2 small pieces of fish fillets
a handful of shrimps - peel and deveined
a handful of squid - clean and cut to bite size pieces
5 medium size tomatoes - cut in chunks
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1 lemon grass - smash it
Salt and pepper

For Paste

4 fresh red chillies
2 shallots
2 cloves of garlic
3 candlenuts (buah keras) or 5 cashew nuts
1" of ginger

1) Put all the paste ingredients in a blender and blend until fine and set aside.
2) Heat up a pan and put in about 2 tbsp of oil. Stir fry the blended paste until fragrant. Add in lemon grass, cut tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring it up to boil and and in all the seafood.
3) Cook for 5 mintues or until the seafood is done and the gravy thicken. If the dish is a bit too dry or you want more gravy add in extra coconut milk or water. Check seasoning.
4) Dish out and serve with warm rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment