Zucchini Pancakes Recipes

Zue gave me a few zucchini and yellow squash a couple of weeks ago I will normally stir fry it with beef or chicken but I am getting a bit bore eating it that way. I like the idea of grilling it but I don’t want to crank up the grill just because of it so I decided to make some pancakes . I threw in some scallions since I found them at the bottom of the vegetable drawer rotting away.

Ingredients :
1 pound of zucchini or yellow squash (about 2 medium size)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 red chili - finely chopped
1/4 cup scallions - finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Squeeze out the juice of the grated zucchini.
2. In a mixing bowl add grated zucchini, flour, egg, scallions, chili and salt and pepper to taste. Mix really well.
3. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add enough oil to pan fried the pancakes. When oil is hot add a spoonful of batter to the oil. You will be able to fry at least 4 pancakes in the pan.
4. Cook until golden brown and flip over the pancakes and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel and repeat with the rest of the batter adding more oil as necessary. Serve immediately with sour cream, yogurt, chili sauce or plain.

Note : I didn't add enough salt to the batter so I sprinkle some salt on the pancakes right after frying them.

No comments :

Post a Comment