Fragrant Tofu Delicious Recipes

I remember eating this tofu dish a long time ago at one of the Chinese restaurant near my office. Is simple yet really delicious. They added salted fish to it but I can't because Carlos and the neighbour might call the police on me because of the smell :) I normally don't deep fry my tofu because it spatter a lot but for this dish I made the exception. So here the simple version of it.

Ingredients :

1 container of tofu - drain liquid on a few layer of paper towel
some cornstarch

4 oz of chicken breast - minced
4 oz of prawns - minced
2 spring onions - slice small
1 red chili - chopped
3 shallots - slice thinly
3 cloves of garlic - chopped

1 tbsp of oyster sauce
3 tbsp of fish sauce
some Chinese cooking wine
a few tablespoon of water
1 tsp of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

1) Heat up oil, cut tofu to bite size pieces and coat the tofu with cornstarch and fry tofu till golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside. Pour out the oil and leave about 2 tbsp.
2) Heat up oil and saute shallots, garlic and chili until lightly brown and fragrant.
3) Add in chicken and prawns and stir-fried until it changes color.
4) Add in oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and little bit of water. Stir-fried for a few second and add in the tofu. Mix well.
5) Add in a few splash of Chinese cooking wine and stir-fried for a few second and add in the spring onions. Dish out and serve warm with rice.

Note : You can add more water if you like gravy. I like mine dry so I just add 3 tbsp of water to it. I didn't add any salt because the fish sauce is already salty.

No comments :

Post a Comment