Szechuan Chicken Delicious Recipes

I've eaten this dish with my sister at the Chinese restaurant here and it was really good but I have no clue how they cook it. Then I saw the similar dish at BBO blog and I was excited about it but too bad he didn't post the full recipe there. So I came up with my own version of it minus all the dry chilies since I don't have it in my pantry. So I replaced it with the small bird eyes chilies.

Ingredients :

2 chicken breast - cut to bite size pieces
2" of ginger - thinly slice
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
1 small onions - quarter
1 red chili - slice
4 chili padi - chopped or dry chillies
2 spring onions - cut into 1" long

Marinate :

1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of cooking wine
2 tbsp of cornstarch

Seasoning :

1/2 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of pepper
2 tbsp of soy sauce
some cooking wine


1) Cut chicken and mixed it with the marinate ingredients for half and hour.
2) Heat up oil and deep fry the chicken until golden brown and drain the oil.
3) Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and stir fry all the rest of the ingredients until fragrant and lightly brown.
4) Add in the chicken and seasoning and lastly some cooking wine.
5) Stir fry till dry and dish out and serve with warm rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment