Tapioca Cake/ Kueh Ubi Kayu Delicious Recipes

I remember eating this kueh many years ago. There was this lady who walk around the coffee shops at Bukit Bintang area selling it. She sell it 4 for a Ringgit. I used to buy it from her. Beside her I never see anyone sell this type kueh. I am not sure what is the name of it so I just name it Tapioca or Cassava Cake and I don’t know what are the exact ingredients either. So I just came up with my own version of it.

Ingredients :

1 1/2 pound of tapioca/cassava (ubi kayu) - Peel and cut into chunks
2 pandan/screwpine leaves
some salt

Topping :

1 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconuts
1/4 cup of palm sugar or brown sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
1/4 of water
1 tbsp of cornstarch + 1 tbsp of water.

1) Boil the tapioca/casava/ubi kayu with pandan leaves and some salt until soft.
2) Mashed it while it hot and add in 1 tsp of salt. Then flatten it on a baking dish. Set aside to cool.
3) For the topping bring the water and palm sugar to boil. Add in coconut and cornstarch and cook until dry. Set aside to cool.
4) Cut the tapioca into desire shape and top it with some coconut and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment