Hot Cross Buns Delicious Recipes

Thank you everyone for your kind words and concerned. I am feeling much better today but this flu bugs really hit me hard. I never been so sick before in my life. With all the medicine and nasal spray I lost my sense of smell and taste now and hopefully I will get it back soon.

Since Easter is just around the corner I made this wonderful Hot Cross Bun typically eaten on Good Friday. I used the recipe of "Modern Classic 2" by Donna Hay with minor modification to suit my taste.

Ingredients :

1 tbsp of dry yeast
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk
4 1/2 cup of flour
2 tsp of mixed spice
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
50 grm melted butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cup of sultanas
1 egg - beaten for egg wash

Sugar Glaze

1 cup of powder sugar
2 tbsp of milk

1) Place the yeast, 2 tsp of sugar and lukewarm milk in a bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes to make sure the yeast is activating.
2) Sift the flour, mixed spice and cinnamon. Add this to the yeast mixture along with butter, remaining sugar, egg and sultanas. Using a dough hook of the mixer, mix on low speed until it form a dough.
3) Take out the dough and place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place until it's doubled in size.
4) Place dough onto the counter and divide dough into 12 equal portion and roll each one into a ball and place in a well greased rectangular baking pan.
5) Cover with towel and put it in a warm place to let it rise again for least an hour.
6) Brush the top of the bread with beaten egg and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until well rise and golden brown.
7) When the bread is cool pipe the top with glaze.

No comments :

Post a Comment