Lemon Chicken Delicious Recipes

Carlos and I are not a fan of Chinese take-out as we find their food tasted bland, loaded with MSG and too oily. Since moving to PA we can’t find a good decent Chinese restaurant around our area. So if we want good Chinese food I will normally cook it myself or we drive all the way to Delaware for it.

I was invited by Rita of Mochachocolata to take part in her first virtual party to celebrate her 88th post at her blog. She wanted us to prepare a dish that resembles a Chinese take out. I actually had to crack my head to think of what to cook so I went through my kitchen drawers to see if I have a take-out menu there. Lucky I found one and look through it and decided to cook this dish.

Ingredients :
3 pcs of chicken breast - pound thinly
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of cooking wine
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 egg white
5 tbsp of cornstarch

Sauce (combined)

Juice of 2 lemons
3/4 cup of chicken broth
1 tsp of corn starch
3 tbsp of honey or sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
Salt and pepper to taste

1 clove of garlic - chopped
some lemon slices

1. Marinate chicken with the cooking wine, soy sauce, salt and pepper and let it marinate for 15 minutes
2. In small bowl, beat eggs and mix in cornstarch to form smooth batter (if it is too day add a bit of water). In wok or large skillet, heat up some oil.
3. Coat chicken with batter; fry until brown. Drain the oil on paper towel. Remove oil and leave about 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok.
4. Add in garlic and stir fry until lightly brown. Add in the sauce and bring to boil. Add in the lemon slices. Cook until sauce thicken. Check seasonings and see if the sweetness is to your likings. Turn off the heat.
5. Slice chicken and pour the lemon sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.

Rita, thank you for inviting me to your Chinese Take-out Party and hope you like the dish I prepared. For those of you who are interested in participate do check out her blog. Closing date is on the 12th of May.

Note : You can add in more honey or sugar if you want a sweeter sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment