A bubbly birthday brunch - Dairy Foods

{Photo credits: Martha Stewart Living Boundless Beauty iPad app, Country Living, Tartelette, Sunday Suppers}

I am notorious for throwing myself birthday parties. Partly because I am a bit of a control freak, and also because I am accustomed to having awesome birthday parties. It's my mom's fault, really. She always threw me the best parties. When I was 6, she planned a birthday party at an actual doll shop, we wore dresses and hats and drank punch and ate cake at a mini table. Then there were several parties at the Heart Throb Cafe, a restaurant (now closed) in downtown St. Paul where the servers wore roller skates and you drank malts the size of your head.

And now, even though turning (gulp) 31 isn't a big deal, I can't let a birthday pass without planning just a little something (my actual bday is on Feb. 8). And so this year I am hosting a small, birthday brunch with a few girlfriends.

I decided on a bubbly brunch theme (inspiration from Martha Stewart Living). Being such a girly-girl, I can never get past pink as a color staple. And of course, quiche. I could never host a brunch without making at least a couple quiche. I also may make homemade belgian waffles. And no brunch is ever complete without the main ingredient, bubbles. There will be no shortgage of mimosas and bellinis. 

What is your favorite birthday party memory?  Please comment and share and have a happy weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment