Mid-Autumn Festival Delicious Recipes

On Tuesday 15th day of the 8th lunar month Chinese all around the world will be celebration Mooncake Festival or Lantern Festival. This is the time where our family will gather around and have dinner and mooncakes and later in the evening my nieces and nephews will play with their lanterns. In my younger days I really looked forward to this festival where marks the start of unlimited mooncakes eating and lantern burning. I still remember my brothers used to make lanterns using Milo or condensed milk cans. Those were the days..... Now is all batteries-operated lanterns which comes in all kind of shape and cartoon characters.

Years ago there are only have 3 kinds of mooncakes like red beans paste with pumpkin seeds, lotus paste and mixed nuts. Now there are so many kinds in the market with flavour like chocolate, durian, green tea, lychee, strawberry and etc.

Being away from home for so many years I really missed our Malaysia Mooncakes. The one sold here are mostly from China and Hong Kong. I find it too sweet and taste funny. One of my favourite mooncakes is from Kam Lun Tai. Each year my sister-in-law will buy boxes and boxes of it to give away as gifts and in return we will received boxes and boxes of it too. I was so surprised yesterday when I saw UPS truck stopping in front of our house. I asked Carlos if he is expecting any package and he said 'no' and guess what. It is for me. I was so excited because is really heavy. What can it be........ta ta.... is from TOA The management and Tauke Ray sent me 2 boxes of Kam Lun Tai Mooncakes. Thanks you Ray for the wonderful gifts.

Now you can order our Malaysian mooncakes from TOA For all of you who like Malaysia Mooncakes do check out their website and beside mooncakes they have other products like Malaysian sauces and paste and snacks too. By the way their mooncakes is "Halal" so our Muslim friends can have it for berbuka puasa.

Now let me enjoy my mooncakes with my cup of Chineses tea and Happy Mooncake Festival to all of you especially to my family back home in Malaysia. Hope you guys remember me when you eat your mooncakes :)

No comments :

Post a Comment