Sambal Tempe Ikan Bilis Delicious Recipes

I was first introduced to tempe by my classmate Pau Pin many years ago. She will fried it first and then cook it with sambal. From then on I am hooked. Back in Malaysia I will never cook this dish because I can buy it from any mak cik stall for lunch. Is normally fried with ikan bilis and also potatoes. Well, no mak cik stall here so I have to cook it myself. I am glad that I am able to get a few varieties of tempe here at Wegman's. They sell soy bean , whole grains and also wild rice tempe. I tried them all but I still like the soy bean one better. I got this tempe recipe from Jun's blog. This is her recipe.

Ingredient :

1 packet of tempe - cut into bit size pieces
a handful of ikan bilis
1 red and green chili- cut

1 onion - slice thinly
2 tsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of sweet dark soy sauce

Blended :

2 shallots
1 clove of garlic
dried chili - quantity is up to you
salt

1) Fried the tempe and ikan bilis and set aside.
2) Stir fry the blended ingredients or sambal paste until fragrant and add in the chili and onion. Fry for a few min.
3) Add in the dark soy sauce, brown sugar and stir fry for a few second.
4) Lastly add in the tempe and ikan bilis. Stir well and dish out.
5) Serve with warm rice.

Note : Instead of the blended ingredient I just add a tablespoon of my homemade sambal.

No comments :

Post a Comment