Spicy Beef in Dark Soy Sauce Delicious Recipes

I was trying to surprise Carlos by grilling him a steak last week. I took out a piece of meat from the freezer thinking it was his rib eyes steak. I marinate it and grill it just in time for his dinner. He was so looking forward to his juicy steak until he took a bite out of it and told me 'Sweetie, this steak is so hard and tough as a leather' I was like how can that be. This is the steak we bought from Sam's Club. I took a bite and man it was really tough. I make a mistake by taking my chuck beef for my stew instead of his rib eyes. This shows how much I know about meat :) Poor Carlos had a sandwich for his dinner that evening. I felt so bad and make him his steak again the next evening and this time I used the right beef and it came out perfect. I think from now on I should not cut my stewing beef like the steak start labeling them before freezing it.

So what I did with that piece of cooked meat? I sliced it thinly and make a dish out of it the next day :)

Ingredients :

1/2 pound of lean beef - slice thinly
2 tsp of turmeric
3 tbsp of flour
1 red chili- slice thinly
1 green chili - slice thinly
1 onion - quartered
2 cloves of garlic - chopped
1 stalk of lemon grass - finely chopped
2 tbsp of sambal oelek or chili boh
2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1 tsp of sugar
salt and pepper to taste

1) Mix the cut beef with turmeric power, salt and pepper and then lightly toss it with the flour.
2) Heat up some oil in pan and fry the beef until golden brown. Drain and remove oil from pan. Leave only about 2 tbsp of oil in pan.
3) Add in garlic, onions, lemongrass and stir fry until fragrant and lightly brown. Add in sambal oelek, dark soy sauce and stir fry of 10 second.
4) Add in beef and the cut chilies. Check seasoning. If the dish is too dry add in a few tablespoon of water. Stir until well mix and dish out.
5) Serve with warm rice.

Note : My beef was a bit dry because I already pre-cooked it before frying them. Beside that this dish tastes really good. If you find the sambal oelek too spicy you can always replaced it chili sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment