Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Delicious Recipes

I have been craving for oatmeal cookies for the past few days now and I don't want to bake the traditional oatmeal cookies. I wanted to bake something healthier or at least that's what I like to think 0f :) So I went through my baking pantry to see what healthy ingredients I can find to make the healthy bars. The outcome was good. The bar wasn’t too sweet and it’s just nice with a cup of coffee or tea.

Ingredients :

1 cup of white wholewheat flour or flour
1 1/4 cups of quick-cooking oats
2 tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp of salt
6 tbsp of melted butter
1 cup of low sugar strawberry preserves (you can used the regular ones)
1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flaked


1) Prepare an 8" x 8" square pan and line it with aluminium foil. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
2) In a bowl combine wholewheat flour, oats and salt.
3) Mix the honey into the melted butter and pour it into the flour mixture. Stir until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture.
4) Press the remaining crumb evenly into the pan. Spread the strawberry preserves over the crust.
5) Combine coconut with the reserved crumb mixture and sprinkle over the preserves.
6) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments :

Post a Comment