Blueberry Butter Cake Recipes

I do not like summer because of the heat but one thing I do look forward to summer is all the fresh fruits. Fresh berries are relatively cheap now and I am really enjoying eating it fresh especially the cherries and strawberries. We ate so much of fresh strawberries in CA and they were really big and sweet compared to the one I get from the supermarket here.

I made this delicious cake with fresh blueberries I bought from the produce place. The cake is really soft and light. I’ve made so many cakes in my life but by far this can be one of my favorite cakes.

Ingredients :

2 stick of butter (1 cup)
1 1/4 cup of sugar
5 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla
2 cups of fresh blueberries (toss with 1 tbsp of flour)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and prepare a cake pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl, and set aside. In a mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time follow by vanilla. Then slowly beat in flour in 3 addition alternately with milk.
4. Lastly fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean about 1 hour or until golden brown.
5. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto cooling rack and cool completely before cutting into it.

For more pictures check out here

Other dessert using blueberries : Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

No comments :

Post a Comment