Basil Chicken/Gai Pad Krapow Recipes

Basil chicken has long been my favorite Thai dish. This is something that I cooked often if I have some Thai basil in hand. Thai basil spoil rather fast so I like to finish it up within a few days but many times it did gets black and I have to throw it away. I have to plant my own Thai basil coming summer. It is just too expensive to buy it every other week and then throw half of it away. This dish takes no time to prepare yet the flavor is simply amazing. You can serve it with rice, over noodles or even as lettuce wraps.

Ingredients:

2 pieces chicken breast – remove the skin and fat and cut into tiny cubes
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 small onion – cut into tiny cubes
3 bird eye chillies – cut small
1 small bunch of Thai basil


Seasoning

3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp black soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
A few dash of black pepper

1. Heat up the wok with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the garlic and onions. Stir-fry until fragrant and lightly brown.
2. Add in the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes until most of the chicken changes color and no longer pink. Toss in the chilies. Add in all the seasoning and continue to stir fry until the chicken is cook through.
3. Toss in the basil and stir fry until the basil wilted. Check seasoning.
4. Transfer to a dish and serve warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment