The holidays - Dairy Foods

The holidays were really good to me; filled with family, delicious food, sparkling wine and most importantly, the weekend was really low-key.

Erik and I celebrated Christmas Eve at my parent's house.  I brought the above bouquet for my mom, which would also be a simple wedding bouquet for a December or January wedding (those are chrysanthemums and hypericum berries).

My brother Ron and his wife Nikki made pickles wrapped in cream cheese and salami.  My husband ate almost all of these, he loves them.
I made mini BLTs (an idea I got from Country Living magazine).  I went the simple route and used store bought Pillsbury biscuits (the smallest ones), fried up a package of bacon and assembled them with a tiny bit of mayo, a slice of roma tomato and a bit of iceberg lettuce.  They were a big hit!

If you are ambitious you can also make them with homemade biscuits.  Check out the Country Living recipe here.
Nikki and Ron also made red velvet cake ball pops.  YUM.
Erik and I celebrated Christmas Day at our house, just the two of us in the morning. This is our cozy living room. 
I made mini quiche for breakfast along with roasted fingerling potatoes and sausage.
Erik and I are completely smitten with our kitty, Kody.  He was very lazy on Christmas Day as you can see.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment