Real party: a Joyeux Noel Christmas Dinner - Dairy Foods

This gorgeous dinner party will not only get you into the holiday spirit but will make your mouth water! Paula of Frog Prince Paperie sent me this impressive event she designed and hosted for her in-laws to celebrate the holidays.

As told by Paula:

My father's family is from the New Orleans area, and our cooking at holidays always has a strong cajun/southern influence. It's from this I took my inspiration to create a Joyeux Noel dinner complete with an appetizer and dessert spread in neutral creams, dark brown and teals.

Some of the unique details...I used family heirlooms to display the pre-dinner appetizers and our desserts. The desserts were all made from family recipes we make every holiday, but I modified them all to be bite sized, so we could all have a little of each with a little less guilt!

I designed the placecards, boxes, menus and food labels and accents; all proceeds from these are going to the Alzheimers Association. The chair ruffles are a DIY project that were super easy to make - they are a 7 inch strip of material with two loose basting stiches pulled tight to make ruffles. They were folded in half and pinned to ribbons draped over the tops of the chairs with boxwood sprigs and tiny bulbs as accents.

This menu is beyond impressive.  And I thought I was decent at throwing dinner parties...um, no, there is no comparison.



Adorable favor boxes. 

A beautiful tablescape.

No detail was forgotten.  The crystal napkin rings are from Trade Winds Tiaras.





The appetizers look absolutely divine!  Raw oysters and homemade crab dip?  Delicious. 





If you thought the appetizers were lovely check out this dessert display! 





Thanks so much to Paula for sending this truly amazing dinner party my way.  I can only hope my future dinner parties will be as gorgeous and delicious as this! 

Be sure to check out Frog Prince Paperie on Etsy!

No comments :

Post a Comment