Easy taco salad - Dairy Foods

There are many evenings, usually after a long day in the office, when I don't feel like cooking. I'm usually sitting on the train reading a foodie magazine when I realize I'm hungry as hell and there is no way I'm spending time prepping a meal when I get home.

So I send Erik a crabby text, "I'm not making dinner".  He could care less and a throws a frozen pizza in the oven. If it's a day when I'm on Weight Watchers, frozen pizza is a no-no.

So I make this taco salad, which is inspired by my sister, who literally eats it almost every evening for dinner. Why not? It's healthy and super easy (only takes about 5 minutes to throw together) and great for vegetarians or people who observe "Meatless Mondays".

Taco salad

1/3 - 1/2 bag of salad mix
1 roma tomato, sliced
1/4 cups shredded cheddar
1/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon ranch
1/3 cup black beans
3-4 tortilla chips, crushed

Optional - avocado, corn, sour cream

Preparation

Heat the black beans in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Place lettuce/salad mix on a plate. Top with tomato, cheddar, black beans, salsa, ranch and tortilla chips.

Makes one serving.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment