Avocado toast - Dairy Foods

Ever since I saw these avocado toasts on my friend and fellow food-blogger's website, With Style and Grace, I knew I had to make them. Avocado toast was the best breakfast I could have asked for the morning after hosting a dinner party.

Confession time; I am kind of a slob in the kitchen. I aspire to be one of those people who cleans as they cook but I'm just not and probably never will be. Erik jokes around and says that if I ever had my own cooking show it would be called "Jenna's Kitchen Chaos".  I tend to multi-tast to the max and somehow end of using just about every pan and cooking utensil I own and they all end of strewn on my countertops, stove, overflowing in the sink, etc.  You get the picture.

So when I woke up on Saturday morning and went into the kitchen, it was a huge disaster. And I was hungry but all my pots/pans/dishes were dirty. There was no way I was getting to the stove to scramble up eggs.

The beauty of these toasts is that you only need a knife or spoon and a toaster (plus bread and a ripe avocado, of course). Even in my disaster of a kitchen I was able to make (and enjoy!) this breakfast.

It was yummy. So yummy that I made a second one. I think avocado toast may be a favorite new breakfast (or snack). I may try it with a fried egg on top next time.


Avocado toast

Ingredients

1/2 ripe avocado
1 slice bread, toasted
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation

Toast bread.  Slice avocado in half, remove the pit.  Scoop out avocado with a spoon and spread it on the toast.  You can also slice it so it has a chunkier texture.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 
Thanks to Lisa of With Style and Grace for the inspiration!  Be sure to check out her blog for delicious recipes and beautiful food photography.

Despite the huge mess I made in the kitchen, my spring dinner party was a complete success.  The menu I planned was not too time-consuming and everything turned out delicious (especially the pasta and buttermilk pudding cake).  Most importantly, we had a great time.  Stay tuned for photos and recipes from the party!

No comments :

Post a Comment