Eat Drink Pretty is 2! - Dairy Foods

{Photo credits: Martha Stewart Living Boundless Beauty iPad app, Country Living, Tartelette, Sunday Suppers}

Eat Drink Pretty turns 2 this week! I can't believe I have been a crazy blogger for two whole years. It's been fun. And pretty. And about 10 extra pounds.

Thanks for hanging around and coming back post after post. I appreciate it SO MUCH.

Does this bubbly brunch inspiration board look familiar? I planned this event for my 31st birthday and then had to cancel it because of water damage in my home. And now my blog turning 2 gives me another great reason to celebrate! I am hosting this bubbly brunch in May and will photograph all the lovely details and even lovelier guests.

In honor of Eat Drink Pretty's blogiversary, here are some of my favorite posts over the past two years:

- Remember my one year blogiversary dessert table (part 1 and 2)? A near anxiety attack, a very messy house and a crabby husband later, it turned out to be a beautiful success. Best part? It was featured on Style Me Pretty! I couldn't have been more thrilled.

- I was so happy to host a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal shower (part 1 and 2) for my sister, Katie.  The shower took place in my backyard under a white tent and crystal chandelier.  It was an intimate shower with lots of love and attention to each perfect little detail.  This shower was featured on Hostess Blog!

- Cooking and baking has become a passion and favorite hobby of mine over the past few years.  I love experimenting with different recipes and there is nothing better a cookie out of the oven tastes better than you ever imagine.  That was the case with these delectable rosemary shortbread cookies.  The photo I took of the shortbread appeared in Fresh Home magazine!

- In 2010, not only my sister got married but also my best friend Kristin.  I co-hosted a vintage garden themed bridal shower (part 1 and 2) for her on a warm, summer day.  One of her bridesmaids brought hundreds of flowers right out her garden and there was no shortage of mimosas and bloody marys.  It was a memorable day.  This flowery shower was featured on The Party Dress!

- When good friends Libby and Jason got engaged, I couldn't wait to throw them a fun engagement party!  A perfect, crisp fall day inspired this party with a hot chocolate/coffee bar, caramel apples, lots of comfort food and a cozy bonfire.

- I never thought homemade crackers would be so easy!

- On a wonderful and relaxing day off work, I baked this homemade bread.  So warm and soft, it was perfect with just a slab of butter.

- My first ever experience poaching an egg was a success!  I served it with an amazing, savory cheddar herb bread.

- Delicious, comforting Monkey Bread will always remind me of my momma.

- I became a bit more confident in the kitchen over time.  I even tackled making homemade baked donuts!  They were the best warm out of the oven, dipped in sugar and served with a cup of cold milk.

- Red velvet cupcakes are classic.  And even better served in a jar!

- Sometimes hot soup is all you need on a cold, winter evening.  This chunky tomato soup was the perfect Friday night meal.

Wow...I could go on and on.  And each post (whether listed above or not) was always accompanied with lots of sweet comments from all you wonderful readers.  Thank you for those comments!

Do you have a favorite Eat Drink Pretty post?  Or how about any ideas for future content you'd like to see?  Please comment and share!

It's not too late to donate to the Walk MS event I am participating in!  Click here for more details.

No comments :

Post a Comment