Real party: a vintage-themed baby shower - Dairy Foods

I co-hosted a vintage themed baby shower last weekend for my dear friend, Jill. We were paired up randomly as roommates freshmen year of college and have been close ever since. I am very excited for her upcoming bundle of joy.

The shower was a lot of fun and no details were overlooked. Don't forget to click here to see the inspiration board and menu for the day.

Enjoy the photos!




The dessert display. The cupcakes are red velvet and homemade. The cake was not.

A menu, chrysanthemums in glass baby bottles and a vintage (looking) frame with a black and white photo of the mom to be when she was a baby. Cute!

Mini cucumber sandwiches. These were simple, but delicious.

Caprese skewers. Always a hit.

The red velvet cupcakes with "babycakes" and "sweet" pennants. I made each of those pennants by hand using a free template from Vintage glam blog, click here if you are interested in the template. Very easy but a bit time consuming.



Chrysanthemums in cylinder vases with the invitation displayed.

More flowers in a vintage (looking) vase surrounded by crystal scatters.

This was a simple double layer cake with raspberry filling from Target bakery. I decorated it with green ribbon and flowers. The cake received a ton of compliments on taste.

I love this candy cone box. I got the idea from Hostess with the Mostess blog (a great entertaining blog) and had my friend Libby's boyfriend build it. I decorated it with satin ribbon and vintage-y fabric. The cones are filled with the mom to be's favorite candy. Click here to get step-by-step directions on how to build your own.



All the paper products were coordinated to match the vintage-y paper from the invitations.




No comments :

Post a Comment