Taro Meatballs Recipes

I love dishes made from Yam or Taro and if I see a dish using Taro I will definitely try it out. I saw this dish Ngor Hiang with Yam/taro at The Little Teochew blog I know I just have cook it. I simplified the recipe using whatever ingredients I have in the fridge. I don’t have beancurd skin in hand so I just shape it into round balls and fried it. For the full version of the recipe you can check it out here . If you love yam/taro you will love this dish. These meatballs are crispy on the outside, soft, tender and very flavorful on the inside. I will definitely make this again but next time it will be with the beancurd skin.


Ingredients:

1 pound ground lean pork or any ground meat of your choice
½ pound of shrimps – shelled, deveined and finely chopped
200 grm of taro – peel, steamed and mashed
6 water chestnut – cut into small cubes
1 small carrot – finely grated
3 spring onions – cut small
1 egg
2 tbsp of cornstarch
1 tsp five spice powder (optional)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp pepper
Salt to taste

1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and put it aside in the fridge to marinate for an hour.
2. Shape the meatballs into desire size and deep fried it in medium heat until cooked and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Note : If you prefer to bake them, make sure you drizzle them with a little olive oil before baking them in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through

No comments :

Post a Comment