Blanch Okra with Spicy Sambal Recipes

When the weather gets cold I get lazy too. There are days I like something simple for my lunch. No elaborate preparation or cooking. I bought a huge bag of okra/lady fingers from the produce place for only $2.00 and beside stir-fry with eggs or put it in curries this is how I like it. Simple and delicious!!

Ingredients:

10 okras – cut the ends off

Sambal – blended into paste

4 red chilies
2 shallots
2 cloves garlic
1 ripe tomato – cut into chunks
2 tbsp dried shrimps – soak for 15 minutes
Sugar and salt to taste.

1. Blanch okra in boiling water for 1 minute, drain well and set it aside.
2. Heat up frying pan with 2 tbsp of oil. Stir fry blended ingredients until fragrant and dry. Add in sugar and salt to taste. Continue to stir-fry until you see oil started to appears. Dish out and serve with the blanch okras.

No comments :

Post a Comment