Dulce De Leche Chiffon Cake Recipes

When I went to the Latin store I will usually get a few jars of DDL. I used a jar for Carlos birthday cake and there were some leftover from it and decided to used it for Chiffon Cake. This was the first time I bake chiffon cake with it and I love the outcome of it. The cake has a nice fragrant of DDL and not too sweet. Even Carlos who never likes chiffon cake eats it. Do you think I convert him into liking chiffon cake? I don’t think so. If you ask me it is not the chiffon cake he likes but it is more of the DDL I drizzle on top ha ha… For this cake I used the Rainbow Chiffon Cake recipe but with very slight changes.

Ingredients A:

8 egg yolks
120 gram Dulce De Leche
20 gram corn flour
180 gram cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
100 ml vegetable oil
100 ml milk



Ingredients B:

8 egg white
50 sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F. Get ready a tube pan. Do not grease it.
2. Sieve cake flour, corn flour, salt and baking powder. Set it aside. Combined the milk and oil together.
3. In a mixing bowl mix the egg yolk and Dulce De Leche until well combined. Add in the milk and oil mixture. Mix well. Lastly add in the flour mixture. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
4. In a mixer whisk all the ingredients B on high speed until soft peak.
5. Fold in the egg white into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches. Fold until well combined.
6. Pour the cake into an ungreased tube pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when tested.

I am submitting this chiffon cake to Small Small Baker very first Aspiring Bakers#1 Chiffon Cake (Nov 2010) event.

No comments :

Post a Comment