A spring dinner party - Dairy Foods

{Photo credits: Martha Stewart, Pottery Barn, The Kitchn}

Technically it's spring but in MN is still very much feels like winter. The temps are slowly creeping up, but we still have plenty of snow on the ground.  This winter has been long as hell and I am over it.

I am hosting a dinner party on Friday evening and I'm calling it a spring dinner party.  Because it is basically still winter, it's not really a spring dinner party but I suppose it was inspired by the longing for spring.  When I think of spring, I picture myself strolling through the farmer's market.  I can't wait to begin cooking with fresh, local ingredients. Until then, it's to the grocery store I go.

Here is the menu I have planned:

Appetizers
Caprese skewers (cherry tomato, mozzarella and basil on a toothpick with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
Chive and goat cheese puff pastry wafers
Blue cheese/crackers/pears

Dinner
Spring salad with tangy vinaigrette
Fettucini with peas, asparagus and pancetta

Dessert (TBD)
Strawberry shortcake (store-bought)
or
Buttermilk pudding cakes
or
Strawberry shortcake cookies

What are your favorite spring-inspired recipes?  Please comment and share!

No comments :

Post a Comment