Dinner club with the gals - Dairy Foods

Once a month my good friends Melanie, Kristin and I have a "dinner club". This is an official way to describe a night out drinking wine, eating great food, and best of all enjoying each other's company. Each month one of us chooses a restaurant that we've never been to before.

Yesterday Kristin chose Barbary Fig in St. Paul, a Mediterranean restaurant with a sweet patio on Grand Ave. We had a fantastic meal, full of flavor and warm sun. It was a gorgeous day to be outdoors, 70 with blue skies.

We shared an appetizer of spinach and feta wrapped in pastry with tomato chutney and sauteed vegetables. It was so good I wish I had the whole thing all to myself.

Mel and I ordered vegetarian lentils with white beans and chickpeas in a mint and dill sauce. It was drizzled in tahini and yogurt and served over organic cracked wheat. This had amazing flavor with a hint of heat. I would definitely have this again.

Kristin ordered the vegetarian cous cous with five spices, raisins and almonds. She enjoyed it but thought it lacked a bit of flavor. It was a lovely dish, full of color.

I love dinner club, throw a gorgeous day and a patio in the mix and you basically have a evening filled with perfection.

No comments :

Post a Comment