Florida day 5 - poolside, bikes and conch chowder - Dairy Foods

Day 5 in Florida was totally relaxing. We started with a walk on the beach and then spent about five hours at the pool with Erik, Joel and Lumbie. While we were poolside the rest of the group rented bikes and went on a dolphin boat cruise.

A bunch of us met up and had happy hour at Yukaton in "Times Square", Fort Myers Beach and then fried up some more fish along with some beer battered french fries. 

Joel and Lumbie at the pool.  I had a photo jumping into the pool, too...but trust me, you'll be happy I didn't post it here.  It wasn't pretty.
My cute mom riding her rented bike.
Katie sipping an Island Punch at Yukaton.
Erik and I shared a bowl of conch chowder.  It was a bit spicy and delicious. 


The beer batter fries and fish were delish but I can honestly say that I am a bit tired of fish and at this point.  We had it for dinner two days in a row as well as lunch yesterday.

I am nicely tanned but also starting to get some itchy sun/heat rash on my arms.  I guess that means I'll be enjoying the weather from the shade from now on.  My family is headed to the Naples zoo tomorrow and I am going to walk along the beach, hang out and relax.  My honey has to leave tomorrow to get back to work (boo!) but I'm here until Saturday. 

Happy Thursday!

No comments :

Post a Comment