A week of sun, sand and unlimited tortilla chips - Dairy Foods

I am leaving tomorrow for an entire week of relaxation...well, sort of. My family and I (my hubby, my mom, dad, aunt, sister, brother-in-law, brother, sister-in-law, another brother and his girlfriend) are heading to Florida for a family vacation. I say "sort of" because when my whole family is together things get a bit chaotic, but in a good way.

This will be our third family vacation to Florida in the past 5 years.  We actually really enjoy vacationing together.  We rent a big house with a pool, near the beach.  We cook almost all of our meals because we love to wake up to the smell of coffee and bacon and most of us enjoy spending time together in the kitchen.

On vacation, we don't even utter the words Weight Watchers.

My whole family loves tortilla chips as much as I do.  We can literally eat a few bags a day, Tostitos Lime flavored are our favorite.  Oh and we like queso dip, too.  This is vacation so don't judge.
Erik and I plan to borrow a tradition from good friends Nick and Deanna called "Martini Sunset".  It's pretty simple.  You drink martinis every evening at sunset.  Why wouldn't you? 

These photos are from past vacations to Florida (taken with a point and shoot). 
I plan to blog next week while on vacation.  I'll have plenty of time and lots of great food to share.

I'd love to hear about your family vacations, please comment and share!  Do you enjoy vacationing with your family or do they drive you crazy?  Any fun traditions? 

I'm looking forward to your comments!  See you on Monday from warm and sunny (90 degrees) Florida!

No comments :

Post a Comment