Banana Bread Delicious Recipes

What do you do when you have some over-ripe bananas on your kitchen counter. For me I will make banana bread. I've been making this bread for so many years and I can't even remember where I got this recipe from. I made this bread a while ago and forgot to post it. This is a no frills banana bread and is very moist and tasty.

Ingredients :

1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter (1 stick)
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas - mashed
1 tsp of vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of milk
A handful of chopped walnuts


1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degree F and lightly oil a loaf pan.
2) In a mixing bowl sieve flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3) In another bowl, mix melted butter, sugar, bananas, eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon zest
4) Fold the flour into the banana mixture and mix well. Add in the walnuts.
5) Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 min until the bread is done.
6) Allow to cool for at least 30 min before removing from pan.

Note : You can also add in raisins or choc. chips to this bread.

No comments :

Post a Comment