Mee Rebus Delicious Recipes

The last time I made this was in 1993 when a huge group of Church friends came for our Chinese New Year open house. All I have to do is prepared the 'kuah' or gravy and the rest is just garnishes. I cooked this again a few days ago for my good friend Tina who drop by for a visit for a few days. Been a long while since I made this and I am so glad it turn out really well. I will definitely cook this again and this time I will make some cucur udang to go with it.

To blend and set aside

10 red chillies
2 cm turmeric
3 cloves garlic
5 shallots
2 candle nuts (buah keras)
1 handful of dried shrimp (soak)
1 tbsp of curry powder

Other ingredients :

3 medium size sweet potatoes (steam and mash)
5 cups of beef or chicken stock
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
1 pound of yellow noodles - blanch with boiling water


Garnishes

3 hard boiled eggs - sliced
20 medium size prawns - shell and devein and blanch
1 cucumber - julienned
1 jicama (sengkuang) - julienned
2 cups of beansprouts
fried shallots
cut chillies
cut limes

1) Heat oil and fry the blended ingredients until fragrant. Put in stock and sweet potatoes. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 min.
2) Add in seasoning and bring to boil again. Serve warm.

To serve :

Put noodles and beansprout in a dish. Pour hot gravy over and garnish with eggs, cucumber, jicama, prawns, fried shallots and chillies.

Note : This is a healthier version of Mee rebus as I used chicken stock. You can also use santan for this. If you want a thicker gravy used more sweet potatoes or just add some corn starch solution to the gravy.

No comments :

Post a Comment