Apple Tart I Delicious Recipes

This is what made from the apples. I went through all my baking recipe book to find a simple and easy recipe and found this Dorie Greenspan recipe. As usual I did some minor changes to the recipe.

Sweet Tart Dough :

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup powder sugar
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup walnuts
1 egg yolk

In a food processor, combine all the dry ingredients and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. Add the egg yolk and pulse until it form into a ball. Flattened it and wrap it in the plastic wrap and refrigerated it for an hour.

Roll it out to fit the size of your baking pan. I used a 9" tart pan or you can use mini tart pans. Set aside.

If the dough is too soft and hard to roll you can just press the dough to the tart pan.

For the tarts :

3-4 medium sized sweet apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
3/4 cup of heavy cream (I used milk)
6 tbsp of sugar
1 egg yolk
1 egg
1 tbsp of flour
1 tsp of vanilla


Arrange the apples on the bottom of the dough. In a bowl mix the eggs, heavy cream. sugar, flour and vanilla. Pour on top of the apples and bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 50-55 min or until golden brown.



Note : I glazed the top of the tart with some appricot jam when its done.

No comments :

Post a Comment