Slender-tinis Food Recipes

My girlfriends and I created the Slender-tini a couple years ago when I was on my 80th Southbeach diet kick and I trying to go lo-carb. The diet sucked and I am no longer a fan of Southbeach but the Slender-tini was one good thing that came from it.

I'm sure this is a fairly common drink, so I am by no means taking credit for it. If you haven't tried it, you must, it is a favorite among my girlfriends and I because is it low-sugar/low calorie and delicious. The inspiration is the Cosmopolitan. Every girl loves a good Cosmopolitan, right? Well, sometimes for me they are a bit too, vodka-y and sweet. And sometimes you take that first sip and think to yourself, it's going to be one of those "one and done" nights out.

Slender-tinis (it's not really a martini, more a cocktail, but we always drink them out of martini glasses and they are PRETTY!)

1 shot of vodka, about 1.5 fluid ounces (good vodka like Grey Goose or one of my new favorites, Prairie-it is organic and made in MN)
2 fluid ounces of club soda
Splash of light cranberry juice
lime slice

Put all ingredients into a martini shaker with lots of ice and then strain into the glass with the lime. Drink and be fabulous!


No comments :

Post a Comment