Tea Time! Food Recipes

"Tea tempers the spirit and harmonizes the mind, dispells lassitude and relieves fatigue; awakens thought and prevents drowsiness." (Lu Yu, 5th Century Chinese Poet)

Do you ever do something you're not looking forward to and it ends up being a lot of fun? That was my experience with "Spring Tea" at my mom's church last Sunday. She called up all the women in my family and invited us, how can you say no? So we went; my mom, aunt, sister and sister-in-law and actually had a great time. The tea was delicious, the dainty tea sandwiches were adorable and yummy and the scones were homemade. We laughed a lot and had some solid bonding time. Overall, there must have been at least 80 women at this tea and some even wore hats and brought in their own intricate tea cups!

Needless to say, it inspired me to think about hosting a tea get-together at my house with all the ladies and I can try my hand at making tea sandwiches and different herbal teas. I guess you really don't always need wine and cocktails...

Here is the menu from the "Spring Tea"

Dainty tea sandwiches
- Chicken cashew
- Egg salad
- Cucumber triangles
Strawberries and grapes
Cream scones with devonshire clotted cream (I have no idea what this is but it was freaking awesome) and lemon curd
Trifle
Tea by the pots

Here are some (not so great) pics from our tea time.



No comments :

Post a Comment