Soybean Milk Jelly Recipes

When I first saw this recipe at Élin’s blog I know I just have to try it. I love drinking soy milk and making dessert out of it sounds really good to me. I used Silk Light soy milk for this dessert so didn’t turn out as creamy as I wanted it to be but nevertheless it still taste great. Do check out Elin’s blog as she has great recipes there.

Ingredients:

(A)
2000ml unsweetened soybean milk
¾ cup of sugar
3 screwpine (pandan) leaves – tie into a knot

(B)
1 tsp of agar-agar powder ( I used 2 tsp)
Some fresh fruits - optional

1. Boil the above (A) together in a pot under low heat till the sugar has dissolved and the aroma of screwpine leaves filled the air. Add in the agar-agar powder and stir till it has dissolved into the soybean milk.
2. Turn off the fire and pour into ramekins , add in diced fruits (optional) and leave it to cool.
3. Leave it in the fridge till it has totally set, it will normally take 3 - 4 hours to set. Tilt the ramekin; if no runny liquid seeps out, then it has set though it has a wobbly texture.

Note: I used 2 tsp of agar agar powder as I like firmer jelly.

No comments :

Post a Comment