Al Vento - Dairy Foods

I went out to eat way too much this weekend and that's not a good thing for two reasons:

1. It's way too expensive (though admittedly it is a really nice treat)
2. I started on Weight Watchers again on Monday and it's hard to be dining out while dieting

So for this post I'll pretend like I am made of money and the food I ate over the weekend was calorie-less.

On Friday evening, I met up with my friend Kristin at Al Vento in South Minneapolis. We had a great time and really delicious food. Al Vento is a quaint, little place with a nice patio surrounded by flowers and herbs in planters. They have half price bottles of wine daily from 4:30 - 6pm and $5 martinis. We ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio but I couldn't resit the strawberry rhubard martini. The martini photo below says it all, delicious and refreshing and presented with a delicate edible flower that was grown in a planter 5 feet from our table.

Kristin and I shared the Sicilian stuffed mushrooms with pine nuts and a red sauce, they were delicous. Kristin often makes stuffed mushrooms but said these were awesome. Kristin ordered parpadelle with walnuts, spinach and Donnay goat cheese as an entree and I had a couple bites. It was really rich but great and the left overs were brought home to Kristin's boyfriend, Tim (I call him Timmy) and he really liked it as well. I've since learned that Donnay goat cheese is local and organic, from a family farm in Kimble, MN.

Kristin is a sucker for sweets and desserts (did I mention she runs marathons and can eat anything she wants???) so she ordered one scoop of the homemade blueberry gelato. It was gorgeous, and though she thought it was good, she thought it lacked a bit of flavor.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Friday night. I was with one of my best friends, drinking wine and martinis and eating delicious food. That is what I call Friday night perfection.


No comments :

Post a Comment