Pig In The Blanket – Step by Step Recipes

When hot dogs are on sale I will always buy a packet or two and keep it in the freezer. Carlos and Diana are crazy over hot dogs but not me. They can eat this every week and I will normally stay away from it. Besides grilling it I have to find ways to finish it up quickly as I am trying to clear up the freezer. My two sisters will be visiting end of this week so I need space to stock up some seafood. So what I do with it? I made Pig in the blanket. I used the same recipe as the Assortment of Savory Buns . Here are some pictures of the step by step ways of making it. Enjoy!!

After kneading, set it aside to proof.

Proof until double it size.

Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.

Roll the dough into long strip.

Roll the dough around the hotdog.

Another way of doing the bread. Flatten the dough and make 5 cuts on both side.

Bring each cuts into the center of the hotdog.

Set the bread to proof for the second time until double it size. Brush with egg wash and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven until golden brown.


Enjoy!!


Note : For these bread I used regular flour instead of Whole Wheat.

No comments :

Post a Comment