A yummy shrimp appetizer - Dairy Foods

I love shrimp and think it is a great summery appetizer, especially if it is grilled on a skewer. I found this fantastic recipe for exactly that with soy sauce and ginger from the Foodnetwork.com. My family had a get together for the fourth of July and I made these for my mom, she loves anything with fresh ginger.

Instead of just drizzling the vinaigrette on the grilled shrimp, I served the skewers with a bowl of it as a dipping sauce. I also skipped the sesame seeds because I didn't have any, they were just as good without.

Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Toasted Sesame Seeds

Ingredients

Wooden skewers (4-inch)
24 large shrimp
1/2 cup light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup peanut oil, plus extra for drizzling
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Directions

Soak 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour. Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer so that the shrimp lie flat.

Whisk together the soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice and peanut oil together in a small bowl. Place shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat grill. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Place shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.




Check out those plates with loons on them, they are my moms who happens to be a major bird lover. My family and I are up north this weekend hanging out at a cabin and everytime a loon calls (or whatever it is they do) my mom says, "shhhhh, shhhh, do you hear the loon?!!" If I never hear a loon call again it may be too soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment