Soft Sponge Cake Recipes

I’ve bookmarked so many recipes to try and the list is getting longer and longer. For the past few weeks I’ve been trying a few of the recipes out and some turn out pretty well and some didn’t. When I saw this little sponge cake from Little Teochew I know I have to try it out. Ju baked it in a little cup cakes form but I did mine on a shell pan and sandwich it with some kaya and strawberry jam. Like she said these little morsels are really light and pillow soft. This recipe is definitely a keeper.



(A)
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil (I used vegetable oil)


(B)
50g cake flour

(C)
3 egg whites

(D)
50g sugar
a pinch of salt


1. Beat (A) with a hand whisk until well mixed. Sift in (B) and mix well. Set it aside.
2. Whisk (C) until frothy and then in (D) and beat until stiff peaks.
3. Fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk in 3 additions. Mix well until combined. Scoop the batter into paper cups till 60% full.
4. Baked in a pre-heated 325 degree F for 18-20 minutes.


Note: I baked mine for only 15 minutes since the shell pan is pretty shallow and when it is cool I spread some jam and kaya and sandwich it together. I added a bit of pandan paste to half of the cake batter. The cake will shrink a bit once you take it out of the oven.

No comments :

Post a Comment