North Dakota for the holidays - Dairy Foods

I apologize for the lack of posts over the past week. I spent the holidays with my husband's family in North Dakota. The holiday was relaxing, pretty uneventful and filled with great food (just the way I like it). Erik's family is German so there was no shortage of dumplings, cream, gravy, knephla...you get the picture.

I'll describe my experience in photos (very poorly taken photos with a crappy camera, sorry)

Every small town has the townie bar, right? The Downtowner is a ton of fun and you can buy a round of drinks for a group of people for around $10. Can't beat that.

A view of Main Street and the grain bins.

We brought my kitty along, he liked this spot under the tree so we started calling him our little Christmas kitty.
I failed to take a lot of food pictures and focused more on eating a lot of it. Sigh. That New Year's resolution to lose a few pounds is definitely in effect. Upper left photo, Erik had a great 3 egg omelet at the restaurant in town called Reubens. Lower left photo, Christmas dinner consisted of prime rib, lobster tails, baked rice, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, cheesecake, I could go on but the memory of that is bringing on a lot of guilt. Right photo, you can't celebrate the holidays without a festive sparkling cocktail (sparkling wine and pomegranate juice).
The midwest was slammed by a huge snowstorm on Christmas Eve Day. It made driving to North Dakota quite a treat. But seriously, the aftermath was beautiful, so pristine and peaceful whiteness everywhere.

I hope you all have fun plans for New Years Eve. Erik and I will attending a wedding, so excited!

No comments :

Post a Comment