What To Do With Leftover Turkey Recipes

Is has been a week since Thanksgiving. Each year after our meal I will stand in the kitchen staring at the piles of leftover turkey and wondering what am I going to do with it. Mmmm turkey pot pie, turkey sandwich, turkey pizza, turkey dumplings etc.. Well, here are some of the meals I prepared from the leftovers this year. I think I am tired of the taste of turkey and no more turkey for me until the next thanksgiving. Now you know why we eat turkey only once a year ;)

Turkey Pasties (recipe coming up soon)

Stuffing Meatballs - for this appetizer I used the leftover sausage stuffing. I used 2 cups of stuffing, one egg and mix everything together. Shape it into small balls and fried until golden brown. Voila!! Served with some leftover cranberry sauce.

Turkey Curry Puffs - for this I used the ready made empanadas wrappers. As for the filling you can refer to the recipe here

Turkey Rice Porridge - I cook this porridge using the turkey drumstick. I used 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of glutinous rice, 2 carrots, 1/2 cup of peanuts, one small onions. Put it in the slower cooker with few cups of water (depend on how thick you want the porridge to be) and let it cook for a few hours. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some sesame oil before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment