Pomegranate-rosemary royale - Dairy Foods

It is a snowy-mess outside right now in MN. I am dreaming of sitting in my living room with a blanket wrapped around me, candles-lit and sipping this lovely cocktail below. Instead, I am preparing to step outside into the blizzard to wait for the bus.

I love the idea of this drink because it is similar to a Kir Royale (which happens to be in my top 3 favorite drinks of all time) but with a twist. The rosemary garnish adds a unique touch.

Pomegrante-rosemary royale (recipe from Cooking Light)

Ingredients

1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
2 cups Champagne or sparkling wine

Preparation

1. Combine 1/4 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add rosemary; let stand 30 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.

2. Pour 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice and 1 tablespoon rosemary syrup into 4 Champagne glasses. Top each serving with 1/2 cup Champagne. Serve immediately.


{Photo credit: My Recipes / Cooking Light, Ellen Silverman}

No comments :

Post a Comment