I heart New York - Dairy Foods

I went to New York last weekend for my friend Amy's bachelorette party.  My girlfriends are quite fabulous which means we do fabulous things for bachelorette parties such as travel to Sonoma and New York. 

The weekend was amazing.  It was my first time ever (I know...crazy, huh?!) visiting New York and I absolutely loved it.  The food, drinks, things to see, energy, etc.  It truly was a perfect trip.  The cute gals strolling down the street in the photo above are a few of my closest friends, Amy (the bachelorette) is on the left.

Kristin and I arrived in New York the earliest, in time for a lovely lunch.  Lucky us, it was restaurant week so we found this cute Italian place called Cafe Fiorello and dined al fresco with a 3-course meal that included pear and arugula salad with fried goat cheese, Orecchiette Pugliese pasta, broccoli rabe, aged Pecorino Romano, herbed bread crumbs and for dessert we had raspberry sorbet.  Incredible. 
During a walk we happened upon this crazy little Japanese bakery.  The desserts were unlike anything I have ever seen before.
Amy is a chocoholic so we had to visit this cute little chocolatier. 
We stayed at The Empire Hotel on the Upper West Side and on Saturday morning headed out for some much needed coffee.  We came across a farmers' market with gorgeous tomatoes, plums and currants. 







We had coffee and pastries at Magnolia Bakery, a little piece of vintage-inspired heaven.  I adored this place.  I had a delicous raisin bran muffin and iced coffee.  Magnolia Cafe is mostly known for their cupcakes, which looked adorable and yummy.






We had an amazing lunch at Candle 79, an all-vegetarian restaurant (Melanie, Kristin and Amy are all vegetarians).  I had gazpacho with a piece of garlic crostini.



  
Kristin and I had an amazing slice of pizza on Sunday evening (our flight didn't leave until 8:30pm).  This pizza had goat cheese and pesto on it.  Oh my god was it good.
Yum. 

I didn't get great food pics because quite honestly I was too embarrassed to whip out my huge SLR camera.  A couple other bars/restaurants we went to included:
  • Punch Restaurant and Bar, a great wine bar that had really reasonably-priced and delicious food.  I had an awesome turkey burger with spicy aoli, avocado and fries
  • Flute, a champagne lounge that was completely fabulous
  • Tabla, probably my least favorite of the weekend, the food was pretty good, Indian/Asian fusion, but the service was slow and it was pretty spendy
  • Tonic, a club in Times Square with a Bollywood vibe (have I mentioned that Amy is marrying an Indian guy and having a multi-cultural Hindu/Christian wedding? Let's just say she enjoyed hanging out at a club where 95% of the crowd was Indian men).  We had a blast dancing to bhangra music and watching the belly dancer shake her hips on top of the bar
  • Whym for brunch on Sunday morning (delicious breakfast quesadillas and freshly squeezed juices, cute atmosphere)
What a fabulous trip, I can't wait to go back!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment