Real party: a Mexican fiesta bachelorette party - Dairy Foods

My sister's Mexican Fiesta bachelorette party was a success! We had amazing weather, great food, fruity cocktails and the most perfect tres leches cake (in both appearance and taste!) you could ever imagine. Most importantly, my sister had a great time drinking, dancing and hanging out with fun girlfriends.

The above papel picado is from Casa Bonanpak, they have an awesome selection and it was very budget friendly (I paid $24 for 4 huge strands). 

The flower inspiration came from this amazing Mexican Fiesta rehearsal dinner I saw on Style Me Pretty a while back.  I purchased three huge bouquets of zinnias from the Minneapolis Farmers' Market for a total of $12.  I used a couple empty salsa cans as vases along with empty bottles of Mexican soda. 


Inspired by this guest post by Marry You Me on Postcards and Pretties blog, I made strawberry thyme agua fresca.  It was refreshing and delicious.  The thyme gave it an awesome added depth of flavor. 

Strawberry Thyme Agua Fresca (recipe from Matt Bites)

Thyme Simple Syrup

1/2 cup loosely packed thyme sprigs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 water

Bring the water and sugar to a boil and then add the thyme. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain and remove the thyme.

For the Drink:

4 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries with 2-4 cups of water to blend
8-10 cups of water

Puree the fruit and water in batches and then strain to remove any seeds or pulp. You can use a fine sieve or cheesecloth and you’ll want to get as much solids out of the liquid. Add the simple syrup to the strained liquid and then dilute with 8 to 10 cups of water. At this point you can adjust the sugar and water levels to your liking. Serve over plenty of ice and enjoy immediately.



The gorgeous bachelorette.
Katie-tinis (vodka, club soda, a splash of cranberry and a lime).  My sister's favorite drink. 
This pretty turquoise vase was from a bouquet of tulips my husband sent me on my 30th birthday.
Tres leches cake and a a mini bunting cake topper made by the talented Lovely Scribbles. The cake topper was probably my favorite detail of the evening, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen.  I told her she needs to put these up on Etsy and start selling them!
More photos of the mini bunting because I can't get enough of the cuteness. 


After we had dinner and drinks at my place we went out to Bonfire on Grand Ave in St. Paul and then to the Wild Onion for dancing.  Have you entered the giveaway to win a $50 gift certificate to Bonfire?

One bachelorette party down and one bridal shower to go!  My friend Amy is flying in from DC for a bridal shower I am hosting along with two of her bridesmaids and her aunts this weekend.  It is a picnic theme that will be held in a park.  The wedding craziness continues!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment