Mee Goreng/Fried Noodles Recipes

It is difficult to find our Malaysia thick black soy sauce here in the US and I will usually end up using the one imported from China. No doubt they are black but I don’t like the smell and flavor of it. I finally found our Malaysia black sauce  in New York and I lug the heavy bottle all the way back to PA. After buying it in NY I found out they do sell it in PA. What a bummer!! Anyway, I love using black soy sauce in my cooking. I think food taste better when it has dark caramel color to it. The first dish I cook with the dark soy sauce was this Mee Goreng. What do you think? Do they look appetizing?

Ingredients:

400 grm fresh yellow noodles – wash and drain dry
2 shallots – sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 piece chicken breast – cut thinly and season with salt and pepper
15 shrimps – peel and deveined
1 small bunch of Chinese chives – cut into 1” length
2 cups of bean sprout




Seasoning

1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp siracha chili sauce
½ chicken stock or water
Salt and pepper to taste


1. Mix all the seasoning ingredients together and set it aside. Heat up the wok over high heat. Add in about 3 tbsp olive oil. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant and lightly brown. Add in the chicken. Stir fry for until the chicken changes color.
2. Add in the shrimps. Stir fry until the shrimps turn pink. Add in the noodles and the seasoning mix. Continue to stir and toss until the noodles is cooked and well mixed. Lastly add in the bean sprout and chives. Give another few toss till well combined.
3. Check seasoning. Dish out and serve warm.
For more details please refer here

No comments :

Post a Comment