Real wedding: Kristin and Tim, September 2010 - Dairy Foods

Last fall my two best friends and my sister got married. I was the matron of honor in Kristin's wedding and a bridesmaid in the other two. It was an amazing, but whirlwind of a fall, to say the least.

Kristin and Tim's wedding took place on September 11, 2010. They couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day with a sunny, cloudless sky, 70 degrees...just gorgeous. The entire day was filled with a sense of calm...the morning was not rushed, as they often are. We drank mimosas, relaxed and hung out with the bridal party.

The ceremony was perfectly timed and lovely. The reception was a blast. Of course, because I was the MOH I gave a speech and was somewhat of a nervous wreck (even a few glasses of wine didn't calm my nerves). Luckily, it went well.  After the best man and I were finished with our speeches we ran to the bar and took a shot of tequila. That's when the party got started (for me at least).

Kristin's vision for her wedding day was a blend of traditional and modern with a red and Tiffany blue color scheme.  Click here to view Kristin's inspiration board.

Photo credits to Gruman Photography.
Kristin wore a beautiful lace dress with cap sleeves and a low back. 
Kristin rocked cute, red shoes.  This clutch has now been used in three weddings, my sister, Kristin's and mine.  Kristin found this clutch at Target a few years ago for only $10.

Kristin had a pretty ivory sash tied around her lace dress. 




We made simple ceremony decor using baby's breath, ribbon and mason jars.






I love the texture and colors in Kristin's bouquet.






We stopped and took photos at Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis.  Kristin and Tim snuck some photos on an ice cream truck. This has really got me dreaming of summer.












Be sure to check out this wedding highlight video.  I think it perfectly captures Kristin and Tim's day and you really get a sense of how fun and goofy of a couple they are.  Check out the dance moves toward the end.

Kristin + Tim from Life's Highlights on Vimeo.

Kristin married a great guy and was a gorgeous, happy bride. She had exactly the kind of day you wish your best friend will have on her wedding and I was honored to be a part of it.

Vendor credits:

Photography: Gruman Photography
Florist: A Day in Provence
Cake: Buttercream
Bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses: The Wedding Shoppe
Reception venue: Minnesota History Center
Videography: Life's Highlights

No comments :

Post a Comment