Shepherd's pie two ways - Dairy Foods

{Photo credits and recipes: Epicurious}

I'm not Irish, but I still celebrate/enjoy St. Patrick's Day.  My ad agency throws a party each year with a band, food and Finnegans (one of our clients, 100% of their profits go to local charities).  The party begins at 1pm and usually lasts into the night.  Have I mentioned I work at a pretty rad place?  

Festivities and partying aside...there is something else really wonderful about St. Patrick's Day; the food.  It's comforting, rich and a nice departure from everyday eats.  I made Shepherd's Pie for the first time last St. Patrick's Day and it was amazing.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which recipe I used, but the first Shepherd's Pie below seems fairly similar (however, I used beef instead of lamb).  Vegetarians shouldn't be left out of this delicious, hearty dish, so I've included a meatless recipe as well.

Shepherd's Pie
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie

What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?  Are you going out or staying in?  Anything special on the menu?

No comments :

Post a Comment